- GLASS PRODUCTS:
- Tubes and rods
- Glass beads and insulators
- Policapillary rods and policapillary cones
- Fiber-optic units
- Microstructural and photonic-crystal fibers
- Flat multi-channel tubes (capillaries)
- Cylindrical microlenses
- Microchannel plates (MCP)
- Experimental products (complicated glass structures)
- Glass products pressing machine
- Glass products flame treatment machines
- Glass products chemical treatment lines and posts
- Equipment for glass and glass products cutting
- Machines for glass products drawing from a glass block
- Machines for preforms redrawing into glass products
- Glass structures sintering machines
Special manufacturing equipment for glass industry:
Experimental glass products fabricated by our company may be elements of different devices. For example, we fabricated:
- glass elements of microreactors;
- glass elements of biological microchips;
A biological microchip is a plate with substances, applied to it in a strictly defined order. The substances serve as indicators of presence / absence of the specified components. The matrix of indicators allows accurate analysis of the investigated sample in a short period of time.
- glass elements of acceleration sensor (acceleration gauges);
- glass elements of micromotors;
Glass and metal structure may be used as a stator of an electric micromotor whose rotor is a radially magnetized cylinder made of a ferromagnetic material (for example, NdFeB). The cylindrical stator has a central opening for the rotor placement and metallic fibers parallel to the cylinder axis. Switching the conductors with the help of an external switch it is possible to create a rotating magnetic field carrying the rotor. Application of the glass fiber technology allows creating micromotors with the stator diameter less than 1 mm. Specialists of TEGS Ltd. developed the technological process of stators fabrication and fabricated a range of microelectric motor prototypes with the revolution rate up to 10000 r.p.m., power-supply voltage 0.5 V and external diameter 2.5 mm.
- glass elements of a container for hydrogen storage under high pressure;
Up-to-date industry is flourishing and it requires more saving and effective energy resources. One of such resources is hydrogen. But hydrogen in itself is quite a hazardous substance. Due to it there appeared a problem of its safe storage and transportation. At present there are a lot of hydrogen storage methods but most of them are ineffective, unsafe and energy consuming (storage of cooled hydrogen in a liquid form, storage in low pressure vessels, etc.).
At present the most effective and safest method is storing hydrogen (or any other gas) in glass microcapillaries with the diameter about 100 mcm and structures assembled from them.
According to some investigations gas pressure in capillary structures may reach 3000 atm and more. In this case relation of the gas weight and the whole structure weight will exceed 5% as it is stipulated in the world standards.
Such storage system is the safest one because if one or several capillaries are damaged the evolved gas concentration will not be enough for explosion.